Hokkaido University Collection of Scholarly and Academic Papers >
Graduate School of Fisheries Sciences / Faculty of Fisheries Sciences >
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles, etc >
|Other Titles: ||Relationship between food consumption and growth of adult walleye pollock theragra chalcogramma in captivity|
|Authors: ||吉田, 英雄1 Browse this author|
|桜井, 泰憲2 Browse this author →KAKEN DB|
|Authors(alt): ||Yoshida, Hideo1|
|Issue Date: ||1984|
|Journal Title: ||日本水産学会誌|
|Journal Title(alt): ||Bulletin of the Japanese Society of Scientific Fisheries|
|Start Page: ||763|
|End Page: ||769|
|Publisher DOI: ||10.2331/suisan.50.763|
|Abstract: ||Food consumption rate and growth rate of the adult walleye pollock were measured at different temperatures (2-7, 4-10 and 9-15°C), body sizes (33-35, 35-39 and 39-45cm) and foods (juvenile walleye pollock, squid and sandlance).
1. The amount of daily intake indicated peaks at intervals of 5 days.
2. The efficiency of assimilation was almost constant for range of temperature and body size, and for each food item adapted in these experiments. However, the efficiency of dissimilation increased with the increase in temperature.
3. An empirical linear equation was established on the relationship between daily feeding rate (R) and daily growth rate (G) at 2-7°C: G=0.3370R-0.225.
4. Body weight and condition factor increased linearly with increase of ration, but body length increased asymptotically.
5. Estimated food requirements of adult walleye pollock was 1.1% of body weight per day.|
|Rights: ||© 1984 公益社団法人日本水産学会|
|© 1984 The Japanese Society of Fisheries Science|
|Appears in Collections:||水産科学院・水産科学研究院 (Graduate School of Fisheries Sciences / Faculty of Fisheries Sciences) > 雑誌発表論文等 (Peer-reviewed Journal Articles, etc)|
Submitter: 桜井 泰憲