Hokkaido University Collection of Scholarly and Academic Papers >
Publication of theses
Brief guide for publication of the doctoral thesis
Candidates are obliged to publish their doctoral theses on the Internet according to the ordinance of Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology promoting digitization and open access to educational fruits in graduate schools. PDFs of the doctoral thesis which submitted to the graduate school are to be deposited and published on HUSCAP.
How to publish on the Internet
Submit your thesis for doctoral degree to your graduate school office in the manner prescribed. University Library will publish your thesis on HUSCAP.
Contact the helpline about publishing your doctoral thesis on HUSCAP
Why not make your doctoral thesis available in HUSCAP?
Brief guide for publication of thesis prior to academic year of 2013
While those doctoral theses are available at the graduate school and the National Diet Library, publication on the Internet allows access to research results to a wider audience, including current and next-generation researchers.
We will register your thesis in HUSCAP and make it available to the public, and pass it on to future generations as a valuable research output from the university.
How to publish
After receiving your degree, send an electronic file of your thesis and a Letter of Consent for Thesis Registration to Hokkaido University Library.
- An electronic file of your thesis
Attach the file to an e-mail and send it to repo [at] lib.hokudai.ac.jp. If the file size is too large to send as an e-mail attachment, please use an online file transfer service. Alternatively, you can save a the file on a CD-R or other media and send it to us via GAKUNAIBIN（学内便）. （附属図書館 研究支援企画担当 / 学内便番号1）.
- A Letter of Consent for Thesis Registration Word (25KB) / PDF (161KB)
Please fill in your signature a Letter of Consent and then email the scanned file to us or send original copy to us via GAKUNIABIN (学内便).
- Before submitting your doctoral thesis, please consult with your supervisor and obtain the approval of the chief examiner of your thesis regarding publication on the Internet. (In some cases, publication via HUSCAP should be withheld for reasons including pending patent schedules and journal contribution.)
- In case your doctoral thesis includes a copy of your journal article, please let us know about it. We will check whether the publisher has imposed any condition on publication.
- If your doctoral thesis includes a copy of your journal article with co-authors, please consult your co-authors and obtain their approval for publication in advance.
Master’s and bachelor's thesis
HUSCAP welcomes publication of your thesis! Please follow the above procedure to send us your thesis and a Letter of Consent.
Please note that the signature of the chief examiner of your thesis is required on the Letter of Consent for publication of Master’s and bachelor's thesis.
Further help and information
HUSCAP Team (Hokkaido University Library)
E-mail: huscap [at] lib.hokudai.ac.jp