Hokkaido University Collection of Scholarly and Academic Papers >
Hokkaido University Open Access Policy
Approval by Board of Executives on June 25, 2019
1. Hokkaido University (hereinafter referred to as the “University”) is committed to disseminating the fruits of its research and scholarship as widely as possible. In keeping with this commitment, the University adopts the following Open Access Policy (hereinafter referred to as this “Policy"), and dedicates itself to increasing knowledge, and contributing to regional and international societies.
(Open Access to Scholarly Articles)
2. The University provides public access to scholarly articles authored or co-authored by faculty and academic staff members of the University while the person is employed by the University (herein after referred to as the “author”).
(Methods for Allowing Access)
3. Scholarly articles shall be made publicly available through any of the following methods that the author chooses:
・ Deposit in "HUSCAP: Hokkaido University Collection of Scholarly and Academic Papers" (hereinafter referred to as "HUSCAP").
・ Publish in an open access journal.
・ Select an open access option and post on a publisher's website.
・ Deposit in an open access repository by an external organization.
・ Other methods specifically approved by the President.
4. The University may choose not to provide open access to a particular article when deemed necessary and unavoidable.
5. This Policy shall not apply to any articles published before the adoption of this policy, and any articles entered into an incompatible licensing or assignment agreement before the adoption of this policy.
(Deposit in HUSCAP)
6. Deposit and sharing on HUSCAP shall be implemented in accordance with the Hokkaido University Collection of Scholarly and Academic Papers Operation Guidelines.
(1) Interpreting this Policy, resolving disputes concerning its interpretation and application, recommending changes, and other open access related issues shall be negotiated by all parties concerned.
(2) The Hokkaido University Collection of Scholarly and Academic Papers Administration Policy shall be abolished.