HUSCAP logo Hokkaido Univ. logo

Hokkaido University Collection of Scholarly and Academic Papers >
Societies >
北海道農業経済研究 = Hokkaido Jounal of Agricultural Economics >
第12巻 第1号 >

酪農制度改革と生乳受託販売事業の展開方向 : 指定団体の需給調整機能の向上に向けて(2002年度秋季大会シンポジウム「北海道酪農の現段階」)

Files in This Item:
KJ00006912252.pdf969.71 kBPDFView/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:

Title: 酪農制度改革と生乳受託販売事業の展開方向 : 指定団体の需給調整機能の向上に向けて(2002年度秋季大会シンポジウム「北海道酪農の現段階」)
Other Titles: The Developing Joint Sales Organization of Raw Milk under the Reform of Dairy and Dairy Industry Policy : Focusing on the Milk Control Function of the Designated Associations(REPORTS AND DISCUSSIONS AT THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE SOCIETY IN 2002: Present Stage of Dairy Farming in Hokkaido)
Authors: 並木, 健二1 Browse this author
Authors(alt): NAMIKI, Kenji1
Issue Date: 10-Mar-2005
Publisher: 北海道農業経済学会
Journal Title: 北海道農業経済研究
Volume: 12
Issue: 1
Start Page: 28
End Page: 41
Abstract: In May 2000, Japan reformed a subsidy system for dairy fanners which was established in 1965. In this system, raw milk prices had been artificially maintained to protect dairy farmers, and assure the stable supply of raw milk. The aim of this paper is to examine what effect this reform has on raw milk market and the joint sales organization which the Designated Associations (cooperatives of raw milk produsers) or "Shiteidantai" control. The results are as follows: 1) The reform of Dairy and Dairy Industry Policy has an impact on raw milk and dairy products market. In particular, Japanese dairy farmers are facing business difficulties (demand and supply imbalances, depressed prices). In opposition to that situation, the Designated Associations voluntarily have launched a campaign to reconstruct the joint sales organization, and display milk control function. The time has come for Japan to construct the Designated Cooperative nation-wide, in order to boost efficiency of the joint sales organization. 2) In Japan, about 60% of production is used to produce milk for drinking, while the remaining 40% of raw milk is processed into other dairy products such as butter, skim milk powder, and cheese. However, the demand of butter and skim milk powder shows a decrease. The Designated Associations diversified utilization of raw milk, in order to prevent market surpluses and consequent market and price instability. At present, there are new classifications of processed milk available on the market: cream, condensed skim milk, and condensed milk. Consequently, the rate of domestic self-sufficiency in dairy products would remain high, following an increase in demand for raw milk.
Type: article
Appears in Collections:北海道農業経済研究 = Hokkaido Jounal of Agricultural Economics > 第12巻 第1号

Export metadata:

OAI-PMH ( junii2 , jpcoar_1.0 )

MathJax is now OFF:


 - Hokkaido University