HUSCAP logo Hokkaido Univ. logo

Hokkaido University Collection of Scholarly and Academic Papers >
Graduate School of Medicine / Faculty of Medicine >
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles, etc >

Molecular epidemiology of adenoviral conjunctivitis in Hanoi, Vietnam

Files in This Item:
AJO142-6.pdf89.57 kBPDFView/Open
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:http://hdl.handle.net/2115/17151

Title: Molecular epidemiology of adenoviral conjunctivitis in Hanoi, Vietnam
Authors: Jin, Xue-Hai Browse this author
Ishiko, Hiroaki Browse this author
Nguyen, Thanh Ha Browse this author
Ohguchi, Takeshi Browse this author
Akanuma, Masataka Browse this author
Aoki, Koki Browse this author
Ohno, Shigeaki Browse this author
Keywords: adenovirus
conjunctivitis
molecular epidemiology
real-time PCR
Issue Date: Dec-2006
Publisher: Elsevier Inc.
Journal Title: American Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume: 142
Issue: 6
Start Page: 1064
End Page: 1066
Publisher DOI: 10.1016/j.ajo.2006.07.041
PMID: 17157595
Abstract: Purpose: To investigate the serotypes of adenovirus causing conjunctivitis in Hanoi, Vietnam. Design: Clinical diagnosis of adenoviral conjunctivitis and laboratory-based experimental study. Methods: We collected 21 conjunctival swabs from 21 different patients with a clinical presentation compatible with adenoviral conjunctivitis, in Hanoi, Vietnam. Immunochromatography and real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) were performed to detect human adenovirus (HAdV). The sequence of PCR products was analyzed to determine the serotype of HAdV. Results: Of 21 samples, HAdV DNA was detected in 14 samples (66.7%) by real-time PCR. The serotype analysis showed HAdV-8 in 11 samples (78.6%), HAdV-3 in two samples (14.3%), and HAdV-37 in one sample (7.1%). Of 11 HAdV-8 samples, one sample (9.1%) was prototype, and the other 10 samples (90.9%) had identical nucleotide sequence and were identified as a variant of HAdV-8.
Relation: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00029394
Type: article (author version)
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/2115/17151
Appears in Collections:医学院・医学研究院 (Graduate School of Medicine / Faculty of Medicine) > 雑誌発表論文等 (Peer-reviewed Journal Articles, etc)

Submitter: 大野 重昭

Export metadata:

OAI-PMH ( junii2 , jpcoar )

MathJax is now OFF:


 

Feedback - Hokkaido University